Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting over 10,500 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition. We fund research to treat and cure CF and aim to ensure people with cystic fibrosis and their families receive the best possible clinical care and support.
The purpose of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust’s Clinical Advisory Group (CAG) is to provide the Trust with advice and guidance on all clinical matters. It will have a tripartite role: to ensure effective communication between the Trust and cystic fibrosis multi-disciplinary teams, people with cystic fibrosis and parents, to ensure the Trust’s published Standards of Clinical Care are accurate and evidence based and to ensure our Consensus Documents are an accurate and up-to-date record of current consensus within professional bodies. From time to time the group will set up time limited sub-groups to address specific issues or seek advice from appropriately skilled and knowledgeable professionals.
We are looking for a person with CF and a parent of a child with CF to join the group, for a term of 3 years with possibility of re-appointment for a second term. Meetings are held at the London HQ. However, it is possible to attend via Skype; committee members will also need to be available for minimal consultation between meetings.
We are looking for Committee members who have:
- Interest in the development of consensus documents and factsheets to serve the needs of clinicians and the CF community
- Relevant or transferable skills and experience
- Good interpersonal skills
General tasks may include:
- Assess priority clinical issues in relation to people with cystic fibrosis and advise on Cystic Fibrosis Trust approach
- Be committed to, and actively involved in pursuing the aims of the Clinical Advisory Group
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Opportunity to work with clinicians and health care professionals
- Ongoing Learning and development within in an interesting role
- Expenses will be reimbursed
Please write a 300-word outline of your suitability for the role to email@example.com by Friday 1 November. Successful candidates will be interviewed by telephone.