***COVID-19 Update*** : Recognising the impact that the current situation is having across the research community, we have decided to extend the deadline for expressions of interest for this call to mid-June 2020. We hope that we will be able to maintain the other key timepoints, but will be keeping these under continuous review. Please see our full COVID-19 Statement for Researchers for more information on the impact of the pandemic on our research activities.
Strategic Research Centres are virtual centres of research excellence and are intended to create multidisciplinary teams to address questions of strategic relevance to people with cystic fibrosis.
The purpose of the SRC programme?
The purpose of the SRC programme is to:
- Create clusters of internationally-competitive researchers
- Exploit opportunities in science where synergy amongst researchers provides advantages to solve complex questions
- Facilitate the development of new interdisciplinary research partnerships
- Where appropriate, widen awareness of cystic fibrosis research outside the traditional biomedical disciplines and so attract high quality PIs from new research disciplines to apply their skills and knowledge to cystic fibrosis research
- Provide an environment to recruit the brightest and best young researchers to cystic fibrosis research and foster their interest in cystic fibrosis such that they continue working in this field.
Extensive feedback from researchers and the CF community has revealed strong support for the SRC structure as a way of promoting international and multidisciplinary collaborative approaches to solve problems for people with cystic fibrosis.
The Trust aims to create a balanced portfolio of research programmes, with both early stage programmes and those addressing later stage clinical programmes. For the latter clinical studies, reference to the outcomes of the James Lind Alliance Priority Setting Partnership process is required.
How to apply
Please read our guidance notes and our criteria for assessment when considering whether to apply. To apply, please download and complete the Expression of Interest application form and the CV template below and return them to us on email@example.com copying in firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 15 June. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Expression of Interest (phase 1) deadline: Monday 15 June 2020, 5pm
- Announcement of results of phase 1: mid-July 2020
- Full proposal (stage 2) deadline: early September 2020
- Decision: February 2021
For general enquiries, please contact email@example.com.